By default, the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association’s (WFAA) online giving form is branded to visually align with UW–Madison. WFFA can customize the giving page to display a custom background image and supporting text. This explains exactly what is allowable.
By default, the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association’s (WFAA) online giving form is branded to visually align with UW–Madison and evoke a sense of familiarity and reliability for donors coming from a wide variety of places (other websites, emails, etc.). Although it’s important for donors to know their gift is being made through the UW Foundation (UWF), we want to minimize potential disruption they may experience when opening the giving page after clicking a link on another site.
To help ease this transition and more closely align the look of the page with originating sites, we can customize the giving page to display a custom background image and supporting text.
See It in Action
For example, the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) is encouraging visitors docking their boats at the Goodspeed Family Pier to make a gift to support costs of operating the pier. To provide a stronger tie to the pier from the giving form page, we’ve applied a custom branding to this form.
Requesting a Branded Giving Form
To request a branded giving form for your campus unit, please complete and submit this form. You’ll need to provide the following assets and information:
- Background Image
- JPG or PNG format
- 1400px (w) x 955px (h)
- Max size: 150KB/96ppi
- Receipt Copy
- The first paragraph in the email receipt delivered to the donors after they make their gift.
- Default copy: ‟By making this gift today, you’ve had a significant effect on the future success of the University of Wisconsin. That’s because your gift will be going toward helping students, supporting faculty, improving research, and enhancing the Wisconsin Experience. So, thanks again for your contribution, and keeping the UW a world-class institution.”
- Max length: 400 character (including spaces)
Please note: Copy and images you submit for a branded giving form are subject to approval by the Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association. In some cases, we may alter the text you provide or ask you to provide a new image that works better with the form. This could be for aesthetic (the image just doesn’t look good in the context of the giving form), technical, or other reasons. We’ll work with you to find a solution that works well for your unit and our donors, but ultimately, we’re trying to provide the best giving experience possible. To that end, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use a high-quality image that complements the giving form/page.
- Don’t include your campus unit’s name or logo on the background image.
- Use compelling, straightforward headline and copy.
- If customizing receipt language, be sure to thank the donor and briefly share how their gift will have an impact.