The UW Foundation manages four donor recognition societies and four annual awards. This outlines and provides links to the details of those societies and awards.
- The UW Foundation manages four donor recognition societies and four annual awards.
- These recognition societies are a stewardship tool to honor our donors so they feel their gifts have made an impact.
- Donors who feel honored are more likely to give again.
The UW Foundation manages four donor recognition societies:
Membership in 1848 Society is determined by gifts and pledges made each year to school and college discretionary funds and the Chancellor’s Annual Fund.
Bascom Hill Society
Through the Bascom Hill Society, the University of Wisconsin Foundation honors major donors ($50,000+) to the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Van Hise Society
The University of Wisconsin–Madison’s most generous lifetime donors are recognized by the Van Hise Society. The following criteria qualifies donors for the Van Hise Society:
- $1 million outright gifts; includes cash, pledges, and/or gifts in kind
- $3 million combination of outright and/or irrevocable deferred gifts
- $5 million combination of outright and/or irrevocable and/or revocable deferred gifts
Wisconsin Legacy Society
The Wisconsin Legacy Society is a recognition society that honors and celebrates alumni and friends who have made a commitment to support the University of Wisconsin–Madison through a planned, or deferred, gift.
Unit Recognition Societies
- School of Medicine and Public Health Middleton Society
- School of Human Ecology 100 Women Wall of Honor
- School of Law Benchers’ Society
- School of Business Naming Partnership