With WFAA’s recent launch of a new financial system FAST and new CRM 4WARD, some of our articles may be out of date. We are working to make updates as soon as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This reporting tool helps you see all of the communications that have been sent to a constituent and tracked in ABE CRM.
- What is included in the Communication Details report
- How to interpret the Communication Details report
- How to generate a Communication Details report
- Such information is confidential and may only be used in accordance with WFAA’s polices, including its data disclosure and confidentiality policies.
When to Use the Communication Details Report
The Communications Details Report lists communications that have been sent to a constituent.
Use this report when you need to:
- View whether a constituent was sent a particular communication
- View whether a constituent opened a particular email or clicked any links within that email
- View more information about an event to which a constituent was invited
- See all stewardship-related correspondence and activity that a constituent has been sent
- And more!
RELATED REPORTS AND LIMITATIONS
- This report shows communications recorded to a constituent record as of the day before the report was generated.
What Is Included in the Communication Details Report
The Communication Details Report includes information about communications sent to a constituent. This may include acknowledgements, general correspondence, event invitations, pledge reminders, receipts, stewardship activity, and more. The listed information reflects activity that has been recorded in ABE, along with emails generated from our marketing platform, Marketing Cloud.
By default, the report shows all communications issued to a constituent. However, parameters are provided that allow the report results to be filtered based on:
- Date range — Select from the following predefined date range options: all dates, previous 7 days, current month, previous month, current year, previous year.
- Communication — One or more communication types may be viewed. Options include appeal, event invitation, general correspondence, membership renewal, and stewardship activity, among others.
- Category — Use this parameter to limit the output to a certain category of communication. For example: You selected “general correspondence” as the communication type, and want to limit to the ‟publication” category of communication
- Channel — Output may be filtered according to whether the communication was delivered via mail, email, phone, or “no channel” (i.e., not captured in ABE).
The report output includes the date that a communication was sent, the name of the communication, related comments about the communication, and channel of delivery. Additional information may be listed, such as the following:
- The revenue ID and fund to which the communication is related
- The appeal name to which the communication is related
- The email address to which the communication was sent, as well as indicators pertaining to the email (bounced, opened, opted out, clicked)
- If ThankView was used for the communication, then the video view count will be listed.
Where possible, elements in the output will contain hyperlinks to related information in ABE or ThankView.
How to Generate the Communication Details Report
- Log in to ABE CRM.
- Navigate to a particular constituent record.
- Click on the Communications tab.
- Within the Communications tab, click on the Communication Details subtab.
- The report runs automatically with default parameter values.
- If desired, modify parameter values and click View Report.